Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Walking????

First, let me apologize for not posting in a while. I'm usually not this bad...and what's worse is that I actually have pictures to share. Cousin Blake got baptized at the beginning of June, and we have photos from that (all dressed up for the church nursery). And (I know I'm a big dork) we also have photos of them playing in the nursery...it was their first nursery experience. :-)

Anyway, now on to the big news. Kaitlyn took her first step last Saturday (the 7th). She was just a bit too far from the coffee table and wanted something on it, so she stepped toward it. Then, Nicole took her first step on Sunday (Father's Day the 15th). We were just playing on the floor and she stepped toward me.

Lastly, the REALLY BIG NEWS...Nicole took about 5 steps yesterday!!! Since both of them have taken an unassisted step, I've been trying to get them to do it again (to no avail with Kaitlyn). However, persistence with Nicole paid off. We did this several times yesterday too, so I don't think it was a fluke. She'll be walking soon!!! I stood her about two feet in front of me and then held my arms out to get her to walk toward me and she did!!!! GO NICOLE!!! (And go is right, huh? There will be no stopping her now if she can walk.)

No comments: