Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Aquarium Visit, Playing Dress Up and Other Photos

Just hanging around the house with mommy after her appendix was removed. (Woke up New Years Day around 6am not feeling well. Back in the days of alcohol and parties, I would probably have dismissed it, so thank goodness I'm a boring old parent now who didn't do anything crazy New Years Eve. Anyway, I tried to go back to sleep and couldn't and thought a trip to the ER would be a good idea. Turns out I was right.)

Sitting in our new chairs that are just our size. I think they like having their own place to sit and play.

Playing dress up with our tu-tus. I came home from work last week, and they ran to the door wearing these. This was the first time I saw them wearing them and it was to die for. They just looked so cute.

Nicole finally wearing her head band. She wasn't a big fan. It didn't last long.

Kaitlyn with the full ensemble...magic wand and all, although it's upside down. :-)


Photos from our first trip to the aquarium:

Nicole pointing at some fish.

The girls LOVED running through this tube that goes beneath a smaller exhibit. They would run to one end, see me or Mike, scream, turn and run to the other end, and then do it all over again. Did we mention there were fish? It's all about the little things at this age.

The girls were fascinated by Deepo. He's obviously a rip off of Nemo, but this character was walking around the aquarium the whole time and we stopped not once but twice for hugs. They really liked him, Kaitlyn especially.


Looking at the fish with DaDa.

More fish with DaDa. This is the underwater tunnel leading back toward the whale sharks. For those who have been to the aquarium before, I'm sure you remember the VERY SLOW moving sidewalk in this tunnel. Kailtyn thought that was the greatest thing. She would get on and then get off. I don't suppose they've ever seen a moving floor before. As previously stated, did we mention there are fish at the aquarium? :-) We bought annual passes though, so we'll be back. I bet each time we go that they'll get more interested in the fish.

No comments: