Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What a Week!!!

Well, the girls got some nasty virus or something and it invaded our whole house. Late Saturday night sometime (I say that because she's such an angel and just slept right through the night) Kaitlyn threw up. We found her with a small amount of puke in her crib Sunday morning. And then we were off....

Kaitlyn was the only one with sick signs for Sunday and most of Monday. Of course we weren't foolish enough to think that Nicole wasn't going to get it. It was only a matter of time. Monday evening, Nicole threw up everywhere, and then we were off with two kids....

And then, Mike called Monday and said he was on his way home from work because he had gotten sick. So, I was the lone hold out....well, until about midnight when I too started getting sick. Then, Tuesday night our nanny called and said she needed Wed (and it turns out Thursday too) off because she got it. As I said before, WHAT A WEEK!!!

My poor, poor girls. And poor Kaitlyn, my tiny, tiny Kaitlyn, she got it first and threw up for the longest...SIX days! Nicole only threw up for about three days. Most of the throwing up was at night time too. How strange? We had very few instances of day time throw up. Maybe it was something about being horizontal. However, it wasn't during nap time. Whatever. The most random virus ever. They told us they thought it was rota. Of course I'm wondering why they vaccinate against rota if you get it anyway. It turned out not to be rota though. And the bacteria cultures for eccoli and salmanilla came back negative too. So, what a mystery.

I think I did about 20-30 loads of laundry last week. Can't wait for that water bill. :-) Anyway, that's the update!

No comments: