Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

Photo Shoot

We hadn't had the girls two year portraits made yet. I was waiting until we got haircuts (yeah, see previous post) and until we were up at the lake again. I think I had this idea that a photographer in Young Harris would be cheaper than in Atlanta, so I asked my mom if any of her friends had recommendations. Sure enough, they did. I was also thinking that Lake Chatuge in the background would be really pretty. Well, it turns out I was wrong on both points...not that the lake wouldn't make an awesome background, but that we didn't have our photos taken at the lake.
We went, at the photographer's suggestion, to Crane Creek Vineyard in the area. It was beautiful. I think part of me still wishes we had used a lake site. Oh well, next time.
And as for the cost...not so much. I had searched numerous photographers in Atlanta, and I do mean numerous. I also had considered that if I was going to spend the money to do this right that we would have had our photos made in Hilton Head in June. I called numerous photographers there too. All in all, if you want professional photos and want some one good, it's gonna cost you. I thought a small town would help, and maybe it did, but not to the extent I was hoping.
Anyway, while they were taking their photos, I was walking behind with our camera. We don't have the professional proofs yet (hopefully later this week), but in the meantime, enjoy the photos I took.
Oh, and Mike told me after that he thought it was so funny that we hired this lady to take pictures and I'm standing behind her with my camera. Probably right. However, I have a feeling that when we see her photos compared to mine that we'll understand why we hired her. I have to say, though, I don't think my photos are that bad. Can you imagine how much better hers will be? I'm so excited to see them.











No comments: