Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pictures and More Pictures!!! I think I should become a Photographer!

Here are some more pictures of the girls. I'll narrate as they go along. :-)

(Descriptions below each photo.)


Kaitlyn in her crib. These days, it seems like she only sucks her thumb when she's holding duckie...her ABSOLUTE favorite toy without a doubt. That being said, we immediately went out and bought two more. We own three duckies! No chance we'll be without one that way. (We own three of Nicole's favorite toy too...although it seems that she's not as attached to her "favorite" toy as Kaitlyn is. I mean, Kaitlyn will stop everything when she sees duckie. Nicole isn't like that with her "bug.")


Nicole just getting out of the bathtub in her duck towel.
Kaitlyn at her friend Lily's first birthday party.

Nicole, also at Lily's birthday party.

Both of the girls at the party. Boy, mommy and daddy have gotten super creative when it comes time to feed the girls 'on the go.'

Playing with Lily's balloons. Hope she doesn't mind. :-)

Photos in the backyard after the party becuase, yes, mommy does think she's a photographer. Yeah right! We do have a nice camera though, so part of me thinks, hey, if I figure out how to work this awesome machine, maybe I can save money on professional photos...although, I know my desire to spend money will still lead me straight to the studios. How'd you like that run on sentence?

Oh, and speaking of professional shots. I'll put link at the bottom of this post to some photos we had made about 2 weeks ago. A girl was portfolio building so we got a good price. They are the first shots we've had done of the girls outside. They turned out really nicely. Her blog only has a "taste" of what she shot, but we were happy with them. Our photos are her "A Family Affair" entry. And if you're curious what Brad and Ceylese's kids look like these days, their post is right after ours: "Rain, Rain Go Away."

OK, back to the pictures...

Still in the backyard.

Moving to the front yard (pesky mosquitoes) to capture a shot of Nicole about to try to eat a leaf. Yep, she'll eat just about anything. We're constantly prying bark and rocks out of her mouth too. And that's getting dangerous these days because, unfortunately, Nicole seems to be a biter. Ouch. Look out! We tell her no, but I think she's a bit too young to grasp it yet. In the meantime, we just reign her in when we see her open mouth approaching Kaitlyn. It's mostly after they take toys from one another. Guess we need to work on sharing next, huh?

The girls got this table and chairs from nanny Joanna for their birthday. We thought we'd try it out for snack times. They seem to really like it. Like being at a little cafe. And when the weather cools down and the aformentioned mosquitoes are gone, we'll move it to the back deck and really get the full cafe experience. :-)

Here's the link to the professional outdoor photos: www.atfirstsightphotography.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....I can't believe how big they have gotten. And it seems like it happened overnite. I check your blog all the time, but for some reason it really hit me today. They are big girls now. I like the picture in the ducky towel. Let me know if you need a cute little song to sing with the animal towels. LOL. I still sing the song to my boys everytime we get out of the bathtub. Now, they know the song and sing along with me. Good times!!