Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

SOS

I cannot believe the girls turn 2 in just over one month's time! And what's more scary is that I do NOT have a party theme yet!!! AH!!! HELP!!! I've got to get invitations out soon and start looking around for party supplies and party favors, so I've got to get my theme in order soon.

OK, so here's what we've considered so far, and nothing just sticks out as a winner for various reasons:

1) The girls love the aquarium and fish (Nemo in particular) and the aquarium does parties, but we looked into the cost and it's just not practical. I suppose we still could do Nemo, but that seems like such a narrow theme...is there enough I can do with that?
2) Mickey Mouse. The girls love everything Mickey, but Ceylese did Mickey for Mackenzie's second birthday, so that's been done at this age in my family. Yes, I know I shouldn't care, but I do.
3) Sesame Street is out because we did that last year.
4) Jungle/animal theme. The girls love animals. So, we were thinking just about doing some general kind of animal theme. This is probably my fall back so far unless we can come up with anything else fantastic soon. My fear with this theme is that I won't be able to find decorations and favors that are just general animal theme.

So you see my problem? Any suggestions or thoughts?

2 comments:

Dad said...

Mickey would be good. Who cares if it has already been done.

I also like the Jungle/Animal idea.

Jeana said...

You can check on Ebay once you decide on a theme. You can find ANY kind of party supplies and most, if not all, have a "Buy it Now" price so you don't have to get into a bidding war. I was just curious so I looked there today. There's some Madagascar stuff which is jungle animals. There's also some more generic jungle themes.

I agree with Mike though. If you really want to do Mickey, who cares if it has been done. Any theme that you pick has been done. There's only so many options for a 2 year olds party.