Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Zoo

We went to the zoo on Sunday. The girls slept until NINE THIRTY Sunday morning, so needless to say, we got a LATE start. (I love that!!! I hear about kids getting up at 6:30am, and it makes me shudder. I know it's coming one day when they're school age, but I'm loving this phase right now.)

Since we got there so late, we didn't stay too long since we had to get back for lunch, nap, etc...but, we got annual passes, so no pressure. We can come back whenever we want. For those of you keeping track, that rounds out the Atlanta season pass experience for the Barbree family. We now have Aquarium, Six Flags, White Water and Zoo!!! I keep saying, it's super easy to do that now becuase we're only paying for me and Mike. When we have to start buying passes for the girls, it will be another story. So, we'll enjoy this while we can.

Below are some photos from the petting zoo first. The girls really enjoyed this.




And here are our little Lions...


5 comments:

Jeana said...

Awww...Looks like they really enjoyed the petting zoo. I've had zoo passes for years and we've loved it. The good thing is that it is well shaded so it doesn't feel as hot as something like Six Flags. Enjoy!
Oh yeah...if they liked the petting zoo so much, you might want to take them to the Yellow River Game Ranch in Snellville. There are a bunch of different animals they can pet and feed. The deer walk right up to you. I've been wanting to go back for awhile. Let me know if interested...we'd love to go too.

Dad said...

The lion pictures are hilarious!!

Elizabeth said...

We'll do the game ranch, too. Nolan had more fun at the game ranch than the zoo. He loved touching and feeding all the animals.

Alyson said...

What I forgot to tell you about the petting zoo is...and this is GOOD...do you see in the first photos that the girls were petting the animals while they were eating hay? Well, Kaitlyn saw them eating and thought, well, this must be something I can eat too. She leaned over and opened her mouth toward the hay!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to quickly say, no no. That's for the animals! It was HILARIOUS. Maybe you had to be there?

Jeana said...

May 15th is my last big deadline but I am kinda busy through the end of May. Let's plan a weekend in June to go to the game ranch. Will this be our first kid outing?