Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Cagle's Dairy Farm

Still no cruise photos.  Sorry.  The problem is that they're still on my camera.  Once I get them downloaded, that's half the task!  Enjoy these photos instead. 

Last weekend, we went to Cagle's Dairy Farm.  I really wanted to do a corn maze with the girls (which was nothing like I pictured it to be).  The girls still had fun, but I think I pictured in my head a real maze where there's only one way in and one way out and you actually hit dead ends and stuff.  Mike said I guess I was picturing something like The Shining.  Yep, that's a lot more like what I thought.  This was more like a plethera of trails through a field of corn that intersect often.  No real "wrong ways" in this maze.  Anyway, it was still fun.  We didn't make it to a corn maze before Halloween, but this one is open still through this weekend, so we made sure to get up there last weekend.

They also had a jumpy pillow.  It was awesome.  HUGE!  And adults could jump, so I bounced for a few minutes too. 

Finally, for an additional fee, there were pony rides.  What a bargain at FIVE DOLLARS EACH!  Geez...for a 5 minute ride.  Whatever.  And once the kids see the ponies, it's really hard to say no.  She was cash only too, and I NEVER have cash, but by some miracle, I had $11 in my wallet, so the girls lucked out.  I grabbed my blackberry and snapped a few photos to commemerate the expensive experience.  :-)  We hadn't even brought our regular camera.  Didn't figure this would be a photo op, so I was glad I had the blackberry. 






Oh, and on the way home, we ran out of gas on I-575 South!  Too funny!!!  We both couldn't help but laugh.  How does that happen?  Mike apparently knew the car was low from the day before, but we both swear that the whole way up to the Farm, we never once heard the car beeping at us and definitely not after we were done with the Farm to start our way home.  When the tank is literally almost dry, why wasn't the car doing all kinds of warnings????  Seriously...like blinking, beeping, whatever.  I was proud of us for handling it so well.  No one even "blamed" the other one.  :-)  And in case you're wondernig who walked the 1.2 miles back to the on ramp to a gas station, that was me.  Despite all kinds of childhood warnings about strangers, I think we figured it was more likely for someone to stop and pick me up on my way back to the car and drive me.  And I was right...after I got the gas, I literally wasn't 20 feet on to the on ramp to start my treck back to the car when a mother and daugher stopped.

No comments: