Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

What's With Wednesday?

I've got another Kaitlyn story.  In school, they have learned about the days of the week, and for whatever reason, Kaitlyn has taken a real liking to Wednesday.  Here are some examples.

Potty Story
Kaitlyn still has trouble using the potty for #2.  Beyond that, I'd say we're potty trained, but that's obviously quite an obstacle, but at least that's something that only happens once a day, so we deal with it and move on.  I have to say, I'm surprised that it's lasted this long.  Once we got past c-diff, we picked back up on potty training in early July.  I never thought this would last this long, but I digress....that sets up the story though.

In an effort to get this licked, we've pulled out the big guns for Christmas time and told Kaitlyn that Santa's elves are watching and reporting back to Santa and want her to use the potty.  Prior to Christmas time, I'd say we were having close to zero success on our potty issue.  The elves have helped.  She has used the potty at least 5 times in the past 2-3 weeks.  We have an Elf on the Shelf too.  The girls named him Speedy (because those elves are quick).  Speedy even left a note for Kaitlyn one evening after she used the potty the prior day to tell her that he reported immediately back to Santa how good Kaitlyn had been.  She was so excited that she even took Speedy's note to school to show the other boys and girls. 

A day or so later, she had an accident again.  I always talk to her about her accidents and ask her why she didn't tell an adult, etc, etc, etc and I encouraged her to use the potty tomorrow.  She told me that she didn't want to use the potty tomorrow.  She would use the potty on Wednesday!  :-)

PaPa Story
PaPa was over the other evening and Mike was at home with the girls.  He was about to walk them two houses down the road to look at a neighbor's Christmas lights, so they all four went.  Apparently, Minnie or Daisy darted across the road while a car was approaching and Kailtyn went running into the road too.  PaPa yelled at her, which of course made her mad.  So, PaPa stopped yelling and more calmly explained to her how dangerous that was, etc and that he was just trying to keep her safe.  Didn't work...Kaitlyn remained angry with PaPa until he left.

So, I get home later and hear the story.  I reiterate that PaPa loves her and was just trying to keep her safe.  And then I ask her, "So, do you still love PaPa."  She replies, "No, I don't love PaPa.  I will love him on Wednesday."  :-)  Say, what???  Too funny.

Mike Story
We went to see Santa Saturday morning.  Kaitlyn told Mike that he wasn't allowed to come.  A confused Mike asked her why he couldn't come.  She replied that he couldn't come today but that he could come on Wednesday!  He said, "Oh, ok.  I'll come with you on Wednesday."

1 comment:

Asia said...

I love her so much that I can't even describe it:) she's too funny:) I miss my monkeys <3