Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mixed Emotions

So, I've been working with my insurance company to see about getting Kaitlyn approved to see this developmental pediatrician even though they're out of network. You need a Letter of Medical Necessity from the pediatrician, and then, that gets reviewed and either approved or denied. There is only one developmental pediatrician in the Atlanta network that was in network, so I think that helps my medical "necessity" to see someone else. Anyway, I just got the good news today that they're going to pay for Kaitlyn to see the out of network doctor in 2 weeks. I think hell just froze over. Who ever thought we'd see the day that an insurance company would pay for something they didn't have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, so there's the good news.

The bad news is that now we're going to see a developmental pediatrician. Huh you ask? Well, now I have to actually face whatever it is this doctor tells me. It could still be nothing, but it could be something. Of course I want to know either way, but it makes me anxious and gives me mixed emotions.

We've had SO many people tell us that there's absolutely nothing wrong with her. She's social, she's starting to talk much more, she points, etc. So, that's all good news. And if I had just met Kaitlyn, I'd agree. I guess it's really just down to the stimming now, but that's just not something I can overlook. I wish I could just ignore it, but it's just odd. So, off we go in 2 weeks. It's a series of appointments, so we actually won't know until April, but we're going to proceed.

No comments: