Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wish Me Luck...I'll Need It

Tonight marks a big event in the twins' lives. We're going to bed un-swaddled!!!!!! Ta-Da! Nicole has managed for the past several nights to wiggle out of her swaddle, and she's actually ended up in some pretty interesting positions. This morning, though, wasn't so interesting but instead scary. She had the swaddle blanket almost near her neck, and she had scooted all the way down her 'incline to sleep' thing and turned a 90 degree angle, meaning she was the whole different direction from where I placed her down last night. So, that was the end of the swaddle. After the bedtime bottle tonight, we put both Kaitlyn and Nicole in a sleep sack. We'll see how it goes. I've heard bad things about these first few nights. I should expect to go down and calm them several times over the next few nights until they get used to it. And I say wish me luck because, who are we kidding, Mike's going to work and I'm still on maternity leave. So, it's only fair that I get the crappy nights sleep. I just hope it's only a few nights. And it will be worth it to do it now so that we don't have to deal with this as two working parents. :-)

No comments: