Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2007

CNN Film Stars!!!

I told everyone a while back to keep your eyes peeled on CNN for my girls but I never told you the story behind it. Here goes, because Michelle told me the other day that she was pretty sure she saw them on CNN. Their first formal TV debut. How Fun!!!

I have a friend,Trisha, who works at CNN. That's my "in" and why the girls were chosen. Basically, CNN was doing some story about infants, and they always keep stock footage of lots of things so that when stories come up, they just go to their film archives instead of having to go out and shoot film on short notice for emerging stories. Anyway, when they did this infant story a while back, the producers (or someone) was disappointed according to Trisha, as their infant stock footage was nearly 10 years old at this point. They felt like they needed a fresh film approach and more current stuff. So, the girl they asked to gather the footage sent out an email to several of her CNN friends (one of whom is Trisha), asking if they knew anyone with infants that could be filmed. Trisha called me and asked if I'd mind if they taped Kaitlyn and Nicole. Of course I didn't mind.

So, CNN came out to our house for about 45 minutes one afternoon while I was still on leave and taped them in their cribs, me changing their clothes, them doing tummy time on their boppy pillows, them in their stroller and them on their activity mat. I believe I was the only set of twins that they taped, and the girl said she was only taping about 5 families. So, there's a really good chance that if you ever see a story regarding infants on CNN that my girls will be a part of the film footage. And if you see twins, it's almost a shoe in that it's Kaitlyn and Nicole.

Just so you can be a little more sure, when they were in their cribs, they were just in PJs and filmed individually. I don't remember what the PJs looked like. So, that's anyones guess; however, our furniture is dark wood, and we've got the white bead board with green walls. And their bedding is yellow, green and pink. But after I changed them, all film was taken of them wearing a khaki jumper dress with pink embriodered flowers on it and a pink floral onesie under the jumper. I didn't get around to putting socks on them. Bad mommy. :-( So, if you see some barefoot twins with a khaki jumper on, that's them. Some of the shots, they zoomed in to just get one child at a time, so even if you don't see twins, it still could be one of them.

And I was wearing black pants and a black, white and red striped shirt. Michelle said that's how she figured out it was them (cause she saw the Georgia colored top and figured that was me). I assure you I didn't wear Georgia colors on purpose. I was still on maternity leave with some baby weight and black is a flattering color. :-)

Our stoller is black and white, our activity mat is yellow and has the design of a lion's head on it, and our boppy pillows are covered one in a hot pink print and the other in a purple print. Those should be some additional clues if you were curious.

Bye, and keep watching!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I will probably never see the girls on CNN. Maybe, if they were on the Sprout channel or Disney. I do watch other channels for my entertainment but it normally involves mindless TV like MTV or the Soap Network (love those nighttime re-plays of Young & the Restless). Slowly, my brain is turning to mush. Hee hee.