Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb

Dum, diddie, dum, diddie, dum, dum, dum. (That's an old kids' book that I had when I was little.)

Anyway, back to the point. We've definitely found our hands, fingers and thumbs in our house. Kaitlyn has turned into quite the thumb sucker. It's SO CUTE!!! She doesn't curl her fingers in a fist when she sucks, so her four fingers just kind of consume her whole face. I have a picture of her a while back in an older post. (Of course I have more pictures too that I can post soon.) However, back then, it was just kind of a random thing. Now it's all the time.

And as for Nicole, she doesn't thumb suck. She just sucks her whole fist. It's so funny. She opens up really wide and tries to shover her whole fist in her mouth. That obviously doesn't work, so she ends up sucking on what she can.

And they've both figured out saliva. Boy, the drool is crazy. So, when their hands, fingers, thumbs, whatever come out of their mouth, of course, they're soaked with spit. Ah, the joys of parenthood. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Last thing, we went to a pumpkin patch this weekend with my whole family. It was toward North Georgia. In hind sight, we should have made it a weekend up at the lake as well because we were probably more than half way there, but oh well. Anyway, I have lots of cute photos from that. I'll post them tonight or tomorrow when I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um...I don't appreciate the song very much....dum diddie dum diddie. Are you trying to tell me something?? Hee hee.
I can't wait to see the newest pics. Maybe one of these days, I'll come visit and see them in person. Another joy of parenthood is that there is just not enuff time to do everything that you want to do. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world either.
I hope your pumpkin patch was better than the one that I went to. The pumpkin "patch" was a small grassy field with some pumpkins sitting in it. They said it was too dry for the corn maze. But we did get to go to a little petting zoo, a short hayride, and we got to paint some mini pumpkins. So overall, it was fun but a little disappointing.