Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Our Bad Baby Luck (or is it??)

We went on a hunt this weekend for a stroller and car seats that I found online at the Graco website. Babies R Us has a fantastic selection of strollers, if you're having just one kid that is. For twins, their double stroller selection is severely lacking. I just couldn't see myself pushing my kids around in any of them. And I know the pattern isn't everything, but we had heard great things about Graco's duo glider, so I would have settled for anything acceptable in that model. No luck! So, I went out to Graco's website figuring that they must make more. In fact they do. You just have to figure out where to go to buy it. So, I got my heart set on the Central Park pattern in the duo glider.

After hearing that Graco discontinued the pattern for our Pack N Play that we registered for, I was extremely disappointed (among other emotions) to hear that they also discontinued the stroller pattern that I liked. I couldn't believe my luck. So, I started calling around as well as searching ebay and craigslist until I found that stroller and matching car seats. I found the car seats in Atlanta and snatched them up immediately. They were even marked way down since it was a discontinued pattern!!! But now I needed the stroller. A nice lady in Dallas, Texas was selling her used duo glider on craigslist and I asked her if she'd be willing to ship it at my expense. She was SO nice and actually wrote me back saying for that price I might as well buy a new one and she attached a website link where an online store actually still had brand new ones in stock!! Yeah! So, not the traditional way (since baby showers are ever popular these days), but I bought my own stroller and 2 car seats this weekend. :-)

Now, so you can see what all the fuss was about, I've attached a link so you can see the pattern. It's so cute...just black and white. Plain, simple, classic...

Here's the stolller

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=7951CNP&CategoryID=2

and the car seats at

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=8A02CNP&CategoryID=1

Oh, and just under 17 hours to go before the big ultrasound!!!

No comments: