Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2007

5:30am, Are You Kidding?

Nicole is up. I'm resisting temptation to go in there though because I know she's capable of making it until 6am. I'm about to go give her a paci though and try to quiet her a bit so she doesn't wake Kaitlyn. It's not like she's screaming bloody murder or anything, she's just fussing (medium to loudly I'd say).

OK, done. She had broken her swaddle too, so I re-swaddled her. We'll see how long she's quiet. She woke up at 5:15 last night too. What's going on? Not only will I not give in until 6am, but I'd really like to try to go for 6:30 soon and then eventually 7 and so on, so that by the time I go back to work, it's more like 8am. We'll see.

Anyway, we had professional photos taken last night. They turned out SO cute. They send you a link to your photos about 24 hours later, so I'll definitely post it when I receive it. Now, here's where having twins, again, hits your pocket book. Any parent of two kids can tell you that you can't just get the photos of them both, and you can't just get the photos of them individually. NO, you've got to get Nicole on her own, Kaitlyn on her own, and the two of them together. Ouch. Yep, I spent more than I had anticipated, but I got a few large framed photos too which is where the price added up. Plus, with this place, you leave with your photos right then and there, including the framed ones. I'm going to have fun today putting the smaller ones in frames (I think I have a few frames lying around with nothing in them or I'll swap out older pictures).

Well, here I sit at 7:00am and still no feeding. I only went back in one more time to give her a paci again. She must be back to sleep, which is great for her...not so great for mom who was assuming we'd feed at 6 and has been up this whole time. I even went down at 5:45 and got bottles ready. Oh well. I'd rather me be up a few mornings if it means a break through in her sleep patterns. I see a nap in my future!!!!

In the meantime, I've been browsing for home security systems. It's funny how I've changed since being a parent. I mean, an alarm is always a good idea, but after hearing about that Dr's family in Connecticut and now having kids of my own, I want an alarm. Anybody have one that might want to comment and tell me about it? I don't want to spend a fortune (on install or the montly monitoring). I just want to feel more secure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The alarm is a great idea...I would not feel comfortable without one. I haven't shopped around, but I feel like mine is a good deal. I only pay about $41 per quarter which is about what some of them charge on a monthly basis. I have no idea how expensive the install is b/c my grandparents installed it years ago. I use Alarm Monitoring Service of Atlanta. Jamie uses Ackerman, and I don't think he pays a ton either.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pics. It is very costly to get pictures taken when you have 2 adorable babies. That's probably why I've been putting it off. Gotta save up for that outing. ;)
It's normal for babies to fluctuate their sleep patterns some...especially when they have growing spurts. They'll get hungry more often. No need to stress over it. That's still doing great to sleep from 10 pm to 5:15 at their age.