Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 17, 2007

For Jeana

What do you mean you don't know why you bother? I'm not mad or anything and I read all of my comments and appreciate them. :-) Frankly, I just love that you comment. :-) You're absolutely right that they'll probably be unpredictable at times (many times). And you know what, they'll probably be as opposite as we are. HA!!! One will be routine and organized and the other will be go with the flow, so they'll be great friends to each other.

Even if my personality was more go with the flow, I think I'd have to give organization a shot with twins though. Everything I've read says that you've got to be on your game with twins. I can't just let them eat when they feel like it because what if they both feel like eating at different times? I'd do nothing all day but feed babies. Heck, I already feel like I do that all day. I didn't eliminate that bottle I was talking about, so they still eat 6 times a day. That's every 3 hours, or sometimes even closer together when I'm trying to make their schedule work out because they slept late. It's quite irritating to always look at the clock and realize, AH...I've only got X more minutes before I have to do this all over again. But, hey, I love them and this is a great job to have!

Oh....I had to wake them up this morning at 8am to eat!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I need to post some more pictures, huh? It's been a while. I apologize. I'll get on that for the next post.

Last thing: Moms, I have a question for you. Kaitlyn had her first diaper rash last week. Unfortunately, it came at a time where I had just run out of dipers and wipes and switched kinds of both. (We bought several different kinds to try to see what we like.) Anyway, so I don't know if the rash is more attributable to diapers or wipes or neither. What do you all think? Is the diaper or the wipe more important for a baby's skin?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I read your post, I've thought about my comment "why do i bother" and realized that it came across wrong. I don't really know why I worded it that way. Sorry. I just think it's funny how different we are but have remained best of friends. I think that I could stand to be a little more organized and structured. It probably would have made my life easier, but you know me. I'm sure twins would have forced me to be more structured...who knows. I think you are doing great. I'll try not to pick on you for being so organized (maybe I'm just jealous :) . Enjoy the girls!! I have to come visit soon. I haven't seen them in person since the hospital.

On to the diaper rash:
I think it might have more to do with the change in the diapers you use. Anytime the boys have had a really bad diaper rash, the doc has asked if I had started using new diapers recently. I don't recall them ever asking about using new wipes. Hmmm. That's my bit of wisdom for the day. Gotta run. I'm at work on a Sunday but not getting much work done so far. Later.

Elizabeth said...

One of the first things I learned when I finally got to take a baby home was to throw out the books (actually I learned that with Caleb). Every baby is different. What works for the babies in the books might not work for your babies.

Nolan is on a schedule, but a very flexible schedule. As soon as Nolan started gaining weight, I let him guide his schedule. I don't wake him up to feed him. I take advantage of the extra quiet time.

The most important thing is to do what's right for you and your family.

About the diaper rash:
I have heard then it's a reaction to the diaper the rash will be every where. If it's just a regular diaper rash the rash will be mainly in one location. Caleb was king of diaper rashes (and he only wore pampers). Nolan rarely gets diaper rashes (we switch his diapers and wipes all the time).

When in doubt, call your dr.

Anonymous said...

Ola! I agree with bits from Jeana and Elizabeth. Had to take in the info from books with a grain of salt. Children are so unpredictable. What was a routine one month was completely tossed out the window the next month. But as their mother, you'll know whats best for your gals.

As far as diaper rashes go, I thought Liam had the start of one, so I used Butt Paste and it went away the next day. (no change of diapers nor wipes..but we may have left a soggy diaper on for too long).

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...diaper rash can sometimes just be a diaper rash. Slop some butt paste on there and go. It is not always because of a change in diapers. It can also be more common when they are teething and sometimes it is a form of a yeast infection. In that case, the doctor told me to put anti-fungal cream on there like Lotrimin AF.

I'd try regular diaper rash cream first and see if it gets better.

Hopefully, by now they don't have the diaper rash anymore. It has been a few days since your post. :)

Anonymous said...

You guys make it sound like I'm a fanatical book follower. I've read more than one book, so I've gotten more than one opinion. Plus, I have friends (like all of you) and family to give me advice. And we are doing just fine. I'd say 10 hours straight at night for them is fantastic. Yes, I've stressed about eliminating a bottle, but I decided to "just do it" in the famous words of Nike. Ha!

I never really thought my post was about following books anyway. I think you guys are all off on a tangent. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes, the diaper rash is long gone. We used cream for about 3 days and it went away. Drastic improvement after only one day though. It was so pitiful to hear her squeal when I used a wipe on her when it was at it's peak. :-(

Anonymous said...

I didn't mention anything about books so I was not off on a tangent.

Back to diaper rash advice for next time. Wipes contain alcohol so I was told NOT to use them when they have a diaper rash...it only irritates it more. Use a soft wet washcloth.

Elizabeth said...

All you have to do is mention diaper rash and you get 7 (make that 8) comments.

I might try that on my blog. ;)