Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Now What?

Ok, the morning that the slept until 7:50....the evening before, we actually ventured out for dinner and the girls didn't sleep much at all. So, they kind of missed their last nap of the day, which is typically only and hour and a half anyway, but still. Did they sleep so late because they were tired, or is it just related to how much they got in that last bottle of the night?

I also told you I was going to use the 7:50 rise and shine as an opportunity to drop a bottle. I did that and they only slept until 6:15 the next morning and I held them off until 7 to feed. Now, that's not bad and it had been about normal for them actually. The 7:50 was really unusual thus far, so I was still happy with 7am. I guess dropping a feeding didn't mess them up too bad, but with them being up at 7 yesterday, I went back to my 6 bottles in a day.

This morning, they didn't wake up until 7:30. The problem is...I still don't know if it's the number of bottles that gets them to sleep BECAUSE they pretty much missed 2 naps yesterday. I had lunch with family and they didn't sleep at the restaurant, and even after we fed them at the restuarant, they didn't go to sleep after that either because we were leaving the restaurant and they were in car seats, etc. Basically, they were in and out for about a 4 hour stretch (they sleep in the car, but when I get home and the car stops and I jostle them around to get them in the house, they wake up). So, again, were they super tired last night or was it that I went back to 6 bottles?

Today, I'm going to go back to only 5 bottles and I'm going to try to do more activities with them after each bottle to make their naps a bit shorter and see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if you have the exact same routine on a daily basis, there's always gonna be a little fluctuation in their sleep patterns. Especially for newborns. There's no exact science to it.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know why I bother because anyone who knows the two of us knows that we are pretty much exact opposites when it comes to just about everything. And that's OK. Guess that's why we've been friends for so long. :) To each her own. You love routine and structure. And I love spontaneity and figuring it out as I go. I honestly do not think that there is a right and wrong way to be a mother (but my way is best..hee hee). Just do what works best for you. All mothers and all babies are different. And different things work for each of us. Just rambling...gotta get back to work.