Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 27, 2007

MIKE WAS OFFERED A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY COW!!!

He just called me and told me that a company he interviewed with yesterday wanted to offer him a job. And of all the interview prospects he's had since college, this was the one that was most like something that he'd actually want to pursue as a career, so this isn't just a job...it's "the" job!!!!

He was told yesterday during the interview process that they do an 8-week training program that begins on June 11th. (That's our anniversary...maybe this was meant to be.) And I think they were hiring more than one or two candidates, so it would kind of be like public accounting where he's got a "start class" although much smaller than a public accounting start class.

Now, if anyone's been paying attention, June 11th is dangerously close to when I'm likely to deliver the twins. In fact, I had a dr appt on Wed with my regular doctor and told him that I was thinking June 19th or 20th for a c-section...yep, I'm a planner. He agreed that those would be very reasonable dates to give birth to two healthy girls. So...now what! He's certainly not going to be able to take any one or two week vacation when they're born. At this point, I guess I'm just hoping that they'll allow him to miss even one or two days of work to be with me in the hospital. We'll see.

For now, we're just excited that he got a job offer, which of course he'll take!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS MR. BARBREE!!!! I guess you don't have to rent yourself out as cartoon characters anymore. Darnit....I was gonna get you to dress up as Scooby for Jaden's party.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...

Doin' the employment dance...

And Jeana, I still freelance as a cartoon character....