Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 13, 2007

What a Week!!!

This week at work, we had a bunch of events for "those left behind." Each year, 10 winners are selected for a trip, all expenses paid without having to take vacation, and bring a companion. So, while they're all out having the time of their lives, those left behind actually get a few special things to do. Neat concept.

So, the week began with a catered BBQ lunch on Tuesday. Then, on Wednesday, we played the Price is Right for about an hour. On Thursday, the office threw me a surprise baby shower!!! (We'll get back to that one, which had nothing to do with those left behind.) Finally, on Friday, we had a tulip tour that you could sign up for. They bus us around to a few of our Atlanta properties to look at the fantastic landscaping that we're known for, and we eat lunch at one of the properties while we're out. Then, at 3pm on Friday, they wrapped up the festivities with an ice cream social with a raffle drawing. I actually ended up winning the raffle...$25 to Pier 1. Yeah! So, overall, WHAT A WEEK!!! Yes, we actually work here too though. Just not an extremely busy week which afforded us the time to do these things.

Anyway, now on to the shower. It was really neat!!! I had NO CLUE! They thought that I might have seen a few people heading down to the conference room, but I didn't. I walk around here in a zone when I have a question, so I didn't even notice. To get me down there, a co-worker came to get me to pull me into a meeting for about 5 minutes to ask me about certain processes related to my job. When I walked in, everyone yelled surprise. I was speechless and almost cried. :-) How very sweet of everyone. They even got my sister-in-law to come. And the babies got lots of nice stuff. Several people went in on a group gift, so Kaitlyn and Nicole both have Exersaucers now!!! WOW!!! I was floored, and it was really nice. Can't believe they did that. :-) Made my day!!!

I'll say it again...what a week!

No comments: