Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finally. Whew....

Well, it worked tonight. Whatever! Here they are....

It's worth mentioning that we found these letters in naked wood at Hobby Lobby and painted them ourselves using colors from our nursery. We went to a few of those boutique stores, and depending on the type of the letter, prices ranged from $8 - $24, yes TWENTY FOUR DOLLARS PER LETTER!!! And we're having 2!!! No way!!! Hobby Lobby had the naked wood for $2.50 per letter. The tulips in the pot were also naked wood (they may have been $0.75 each). And I bought a flower pot and then painted it white. Oh yes...I went Martha Stewart on this nursery. Who knew I could be so crafty! :-)

See the space for the mirror above the changing table. We've got to transform it white before we can put it back up. It looked too funny next to the lighter pink in the curtains.

The lamp was on clearance at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It was wood color with a plain white shade. Again, I painted the base and then picked out some pink ribbon and hot glued it to the shade to give it something extra. We sponged the white over the pink on the base. Now that I've had a few days to look at it, I don't think I like the sponging. I think I'll probably just paint over it and paint the base a solid white. What do any of you think? The glare is bad in this picture. I think there's another one later in the post where you can see it better.


K, here's some more Martha Stewart for you. I saw on an episode of Trading Spaces that wrapping paper or other neat household items can sometimes make the coolest art work. When Mike and I were at Hobby Lobby picking up letters, we stumbled into several scrapbooking aisles. They had TONS AND TONS of paper. I suppose people hole punch the paper and mount their pictures to these neat backgrounds. Anyway, we were lucky enough to find a pattern that says Baby Girl over and over again. I thought of the idea to frame that. But, what's fun about that...so, I continued brain storming and thought about using scrapbooking letters to make their names at the top. Then, you know how people sometimes get a picture of their newborn and have people sign around the mat of the frame. Well, I thought that with a white or silver paint pen, that these could be my "mats." So, when each girl is born, I'll put a picture in the middle and have people sign around them. I have close ups of these later in the post. Oh, and as for the frames. We couldn't find white 12x12 frames. We found black though...so, I got out my best friend...paint...again. :-) You see that there's a third picture. I'll mention that later.



This is the middle picture. It says, "Mommy and Daddy Love You." We're going to put a picture of us holding them when they're born in the middle. Ahhh....

Last nursery picture. Just another close up of something on the wall. And of course the flower pegs...you guessed it...naked wood at Hobby Lobby ($0.50 each) that we painted yellow. Oh, we're good!!!! (The Baby's Room sign is Babies R Us. Can't take any creative credit on that one.)

That's enough for tonight. I'll post photos of the baby showers another night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed. It looks amazing. I'll just have to start calling you "Martha Jr.". I do have to agree about the lamp though. I think it would look better a solid color....pink or white.