Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 2, 2007

Nothing Much

We're on a hunt for a glider. I had NO idea how expensive those things would be. I've spent my nursery money on other things and didn't allow very much left for a glider, so I think we're going to make do with something we already own. When Mike's grandmother passed away about two years ago, it was really nice that all of the grand kids got some of the furniture. We ended up with a rocking type chair that sits really low to the ground. The wood tone will work just fine with the nursery, but it definitely needs to be recovered. I figure that might still cost a bit, but probably less than a new glider and we wanted to have this rocker recovered anyway eventually, so it's a win/win. And since it sits pretty low to the ground, we can probably get away with no ottoman. And when we're done with it in the nursery, I'm putting a neutral yellow on it so that it can go back in the living room. :-)

Now, the real problem is where in the heck can it fit in the room??? Two cribs really takes away a lot of wall space. At this point, we've both come to the realization that aestetics will probably have to take a back seat to practicality. So, if it doesn't look so great, then oh well. We're working with the hand we were dealt.

On another note, this is my week with zero doctors appts. I only get one of these a month as of now, and that will probably go away at some point. Instead, we're still going to the hospital for a tour though. That's tomorrow evening. We signed up for the extended tour which includes information about the NICU in case our kids (probably being preemie) end up in there. I'll post on Wednesday and let everyone know what's new at the Baby Factory!

1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Why not try Craigslist.com for the glider. You might even get one for free. Stuff is added everyday. I sold two chairs within a day of offering them. Just an idea. . . .