Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All Is Well

They didn't do any fetal measurements today, which is strange cause that was why I thought I was there, so I don't have any weights to share. They said that they don't do fetal measurements any more often than every 2 weeks because the software used to compute the weights obviously has a margin of error. So, if you measure too close together, sometimes you don't get an accurate picture because you might be seeing more of the margin of error as opposed to true growth.

So, I was there for fetal "well being." They wanted to check the blood flow through the placenta and umbilical cord. I knew that blood flow was another reason I was there, but like I said, I also thought Baby A's weight was of importance. Anyway, blood flow, heart rate, amniotic fluid, etc is looking good for both babies.

They do have me coming back for one more u/s on Monday morning. This time they will do fetal measurements as well as the well being checkup. It technically won't be two weeks since the last measurement, but whatever. If there's a concern at that appt, I could have the c-section that afternoon. If all is well, then we'll proceed on Friday as planned. I don't see any reason that things would change by Monday so it looks like it might be Friday. The doctors said the only thing to really evaluate based on Monday's appt would be if Baby A really just isn't gaining weight. Then it's a professional judgment about whether the twins would be better off coming out a few days earlier and possibly sacraficing a few more days of development in order to get proper nutrients through feedings.

No comments: