Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Well, We Hit Our First Snag

Ultrasound and regular doctor appts were today. Baby A didn't gain enough weight. She only went from 3-10 to 4-4. Baby B on the other hand went from 3-14 to 5-8!!!!! That makes them 1 lb 4oz different though. I don't know that the difference in their two sizes was as important to the doctor so much as the fact that Baby A didn't gain very much in 3 weeks. This was supposed to be my last u/s. I now have another one in a week and he was saying that due to this, he would recommend delivery in two weeks. I told him the c-section was schedule for 2 weeks from tomorrow and he said that was perfect...just what he would have recommended.

The appt next week is to continue to monitor the placenta for Baby A. Obviously her weight is directly tied to the placenta. Strictly speaking, slow weight gain in itself isn't an extremely serious problem; however, when you're talking about the placenta, that also controls blood flow and oxygen to the baby. So, they want to make sure that this slowing weight gain isn't a sign of other problems as well. That's why I'll go back next week. He didn't give me too much cause for worry. Let's hope he's right.

Now, as for me. They've now restricted work. If I'm off my feet, then more of my blood, oxygen and nutrients can get to the placenta. I had to basically make a special request to be able to work from home with a laptop. My doctor asked why I was pushing so hard. He'd rather just pull me out of work all together. I guess he doesn't have a family with only one income, huh? Thank goodness that changes next week (remember Mike starts with TriMont on Monday). However, with new jobs, your first paycheck is usually delayed and we've got bills. So, I wanted my paycheck for a few more days. :-) Can you blame me? Working from home won't be bad at all either. There's actually several things that I'm doing right now that can easily be done from home without disruption to Post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. It's good that the doctor is overly concerned, but I'd probably take his advice and TAKE IT EASY!!!! Maybe Baby A just wants to ensure she is a Gemini.
Quit working and kick your feet up. Once the little bundles of joy come, it will be a LONG LOOONNNGGGGG time before you'll have that opportunity. Trust me. :)