Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 15, 2007

Reality

It's starting to set in. In one week, possibly sooner, I'm going to have these two tiny infants in my house (I hope they come home), and they're going to be mine. Mike and I will be responsible for two little lives. How strange? I walked into their nursery this morning to put something away, and I just stopped for a second and looked around and realized that this room isn't going to be empty for much longer. It's just really strange.

And I keep thinking about Baby A and how small she'll be. The doctors said they wouldn't guess that she'd even make it up to 5lbs, and everyone knows that babies lose a bit of weight before being discharged in the hospital for whatever reason. So, assuming she passes the car seat test and comes home, she'll likely be less than 5lbs. That's nothing. Wow! Will she break? Just kidding, but I can't even imagine how delicate she will be. Of course so will Baby B, but she's likely to be more like 6+lbs.

Lastly, if I make it until tomorrow, which is extremely probable, I hit 36 weeks which would mean no mandatory NICU. They would obviously still go if a concern was noted, but by tomorrow, it is no longer mandatory. Yeah!

U/S on Monday. Depending on how things look, we could be parents by Tuesday or even later that Monday afternoon. Or it might remain as Friday. Either way, it's less than a week away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyson and Mike,

I hope your ultra-sound goes great and that Baby A has put on some weight! We'll be thinking about the four of you!

Love, Auntie Beth

Anonymous said...

I had the same "reality check" when I was about 8 months pregnant. I was looking through all the cute little newborn clothes and it suddenly dawned on me that I would soon have a little creature that would be wearing that clothes. I started to cry. A mix of emotions came over me. I was excited and scared. Trying to imagine how much my life would change....how nothing would ever be the same. And boy was I right. I think that you would agree that the old Jeana and the new Jeana are very different. Children will change your life...for the better!!! They make life so much more interesting and fun. I never could have imagined how much love I could have for such a wrinkled, squirmy, cone headed little being.

Hold on tight. You're about to start the ride of your life. ENJOY every minute of it. They will grow so fast. Treasure the moments and don't stress too much over the small stuff.