Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 4, 2007

The Ugly Irony

How many pregnant women (and fathers-to-be for that matter) have heard people tell them, "Get some sleep while you can," or something similar? Well, how unfair. I'm starting to sleep a bit worse, so this "get some sleep" crap doesn't work. I guess you should get sleep before month seven or so because after that, it's all downhill and you don't sleep for months, huh?

I'm making it sound worse than it is. It's really just getting up to use the restroom fairly often and the need to turn over in the night. I just can't do the left side for the whole night. I have to rotate, and rolling over is an ordeal. However, this Sunday, I started getting back pains too. Maybe it was just something in particular that I did on Sunday. Let's hope so. If these back pains are here to stay, I may now see why bedrest could be helpful. I used a heating pad and drugs (of course pregnancy approved) last night and it helped. We'll see how I do sitting at work all day and how my back feels tonight.

Oh, and we put the car seats in the cars yesterday. We're getting ready. Still need to pack my bag. I have a list of everything to include, but I don't want to really "pack" it yet because some of the clothes I'd want to take are things I'm still wearing. And for you moms out there, I'll gladly take any advice on things you wished you had packed. Just let me know.

Ultrasound and regular doctor this Thursday. I'll let you know how it goes. Two weeks and four days to go.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

shampoo and soap. I forgot those 2 of out 3 of my hospital stays.
and a robe
and pants with elastic waist band
pillow (you'll really need a pillow if you have a section)
2 outfits for each baby to go home in - one to go home in and one to change the baby into after she spits up on her going home outfit.
socks for the babies - you can use socks on the girl's hands as mittens (the baby mittens are HUGE on small newborns)

Hospital will furnish everything you need for the girls - blankets, onesies, diapers, lotion. Ask for extras of everything before you leave.

Elizabeth said...

and pack your bag now!

You need to put everything in it, but you should have some stuff packed - just in case.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Elizabeth's list - but do remember that Mike, or someone else can always run home to get other items you may need. So no biggie if you forget something... EXCEPT for the cameras - you'll need those immediately - all else can wait!!!

As for the sleeping issues - I'm with you there. Back pain (only while sleeping and for a little bit after getting up) start about week 34ish. Rolling over is awful too. Try a full body sized pillow! It's been amazing for me!

Anonymous said...

Back pain? In my day back pain was the start of labor!!! Of course in my day you took a horse and buggy to the hospital ... yuk yuk. Anyhow, you should be taking it easy right about now and monitoring the back pain.

Get Mike educated on the video camera NOW!! And pack it for C day .