Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Need Some Help

We're trying to narrow down names. I really want to get this done!!! We've definitely got Kaitlyn. It's hanging over one of the cribs, so that's a done deal. Mike really, really likes the name Nichole. I'm OK with it if that's what we end up picking, but just want to make sure we've considered all other options. Another name we both like is Ashlyn. However, I was curious if that's too rhyme-ish with Kaitlyn. They are twins after all, but we've read books etc that stress the importance of naming them individually so that they feel like their own person instead of 1/2 of a whole.

So, I'm asking you all...what do you think? And if you prefer Nichole, do you like the spelling with or without the "h?"

How do you comment...at the end of each post, there's something in the lower right corner that says "X comments." If you move your cursor over that, you can click on it. Then it gives you a pop up window where you can leave your comment. Thanks in advance for your help!

On another note, the bumpers are now in the cribs. I'll have to post pictures later. I haven't even seen them yet, but Mike says they're cute.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Nichole. I like it spelled with an 'H'.

=D

Elizabeth said...

I like Nicole without the "h".

I like Ashlyn and Kaitlyn. They sound different enough.

Don't listen to the books. Name your girls whatever you want to name them.

I still think Barbra and Barbie sound great with Barbree. ;)

Anonymous said...

I looked through a name website and saw a few that I thought were cute. It's hard cause Barbree limits it. No "y's, ie's, i's". Here goes....some are better than others obviously. Emma, Hannah, Caroline, Alexa, Claire, Brenna, Madelyn, Ashlyn, Meghan, Elena, Camryn. There was 1000 names on there and I gave up around 1/2 way. I'll look more.

I do like Nichole too...I think with the "h".

Anonymous said...

I agree that Ashlyn and Kaitlyn seem to rhyme a bit too much, and I like the idea of trying to make their names different. How about Mary-Kate and Ashley? Just kidding.

I actually know someone named Nichole that spells it with the "h". I had never seen that before I met her, but i like it.

Jeana threw out some good suggestions too. . .I like Hannah. Of course, Hanna Barbree would be awful close to Hanna Barbara (the people that do that Bugs Bunny cartoons) so that might be a turn off. ha ha.

In the end, though, I say don't worry about what other people tell you or what the books say. You and Mike just pick the names that you like the most.

Anonymous said...

I like Nicole without the "H"...

I also like some of Jeana's suggestions - Emma, Claire, and Elena...

Anonymous said...

Nicole is good but without the h. I have gone through life with everyone misspelling my name so don't do that to her. I also like Emma...

dcpeg said...

I vote for Carolyn. It's my niece's name and sounds good with Kaitlyn.