Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 3, 2007

June 21st????

I had an appt yesterday with the regular doctor. I mentioned my new predicament about Mike's job and the start date. His company sounded like they would work with him when he accepted the job offer, but to what extent we're unsure. So, we figure the safest route to pursue at this point is a Thursday c-section so that hopefully he could miss Thursday and Friday from work. Then, with the weekend following, at least we'd have four straight days together to try to figure this parenting thing out. And if we're really lucky, maybe his company would even let him have Monday.

Anyway, the doctor said that June 21st was looking like a real possibility if Baby B stays breech. (June 15th was too soon...it's just before 36 weeks, and he was uncomfortable with that timing.) I have an u/s appt on the 16th. He told me to get an appt with him just after that (so I have one lined up for the 18th), and if Baby B is still breech in the 16th u/s that he would "put me on the books" for a c-section on the 21st. So, I might have a potential due date!!! That's 7 weeks from today. :-)

If Baby B has flipped, who knows what then? He still said he'd consider a c-section if that's what I prefer. Twins give them opportunities to be flexible with stuff like that where they might not be otherwise with a singleton.

AHHHHHHHHH!!! As I'm typing this, I just realized that the zodiac sign flips on the 20th, so if they're born on the 21st, they won't be gemini. I thought that would be neat if they were born under the sign of the twins. Oh well. Hey, maybe Mike's work will let him have a Wed, Thurs, Fri off so we can have them on the 20th????

Why am I trying to plan birth? That's not really able to be controlled, huh? Oh well...you know me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! June 21st is just around the corner!! How exciting. I can't wait to meet the baby Barbrees.
You do crack me up though, Little Miss Planner. I guess that it's true that opposites attract...even in friendships. :) In the words of Chandler Bing....we couldn't BE more different. But I still luv ya!!

Anonymous said...

Now let's see .... who has a birthday on June 24???? THAT WOULD BE ME!!!!!! Jeremy is June 25 .... My Dad was June 26. More cancers in the family ... cool. Homebodys ..... not too bad.

Probably need to quit worrying about Mike's start date and have him have a conversation with them. I have hired hundreds of people and this is not the first time for something like this.

Actually, Mike's employers might shift his start date if they knew this new baby date. The more they know now, the better. I assure you they will want him to have some time off for the birth. A happy employee is a good employee. He needs to tell them NOW. If they don't, they will have to deal with ME .... UGLY GRANDMA.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the final room. You guys are too talented. Hard to believe someone from the 'Manlands' actually did all of this! Neat that Grandma's chair is a part of the room. A VERY nice touch!