Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2007

No Signs of Labor Yet

My doctor increased my visits to once a week now. I see the u/s doctor next week, and my doctor said that there probably wouldn't be a need to see that doctor again before the scheduled c-section on the 22nd unless there's something weird or unusual that reveals itself next week.

Anyway, as he was trying to coordinate my next week's appt with the u/s appt so I didn't have to go out that was twice next week, I made some comment about...blah, blah..."work." He quickly turned to me and said, "You're still working?" I kind of cowered and said, "Yes, no one told me I couldn't." At any rate, we briefly discussed it and he assumed that one of the other doctors a while back had pulled me out of work. Nope! I guess one flaw with having to meet all the doctors in a practice is that you go quite a while without seeing your actual doctor. I guess if I had been seeing him the whole time, he might have wanted to pull me out of work a while back. Who knows? I've been doing so well. There's really no reason for me not to be working. We'll see though. Given his reaction, I may not be working all the way up until the c-section as I had assumed. He may pull me out just one week early or something????

I also asked him about if/when I go into natural labor. I really hadn't discussed that with him since I assumed I'd make it to the c-section date, but anything can happen. He said with twins that I would call and plan to head into the hospital when contractions are 10 minutes apart. This is different than most women's experiences. He said a singleton mother would be told not to call or come in until contractions were 5 minutes apart. He said the difference is that labor with twins is just so unpredictable. You never know, so they'd rather have you at the hospital already.

That's about it for now. Happy Thursday!

No comments: