Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 5, 2007

So, I Caved

Mike and I went through such efforts to fix our house up for about a year after we bought it that when we found out we were having a baby (or two) that I really didn't have the energy to repaint the nursery. It was a khaki color, and I figured I'd do a teddy bear theme or something. Well, our furniture came in last week and we were finally able to pick it up this weekend. It's a maple color, and it just looked washed out against the walls (even though from the chair rail down is white bead board). Then, the next thing was that I went fabric shopping with my mom and aunt this weekend and found several cute fabrics (for curtains, dust ruffle, bumper, etc.), but none of them looked good with khaki. So, I finally caved this weekend and agreed that we should paint the nursery. Others have been trying to convince me that we should paint for a while, so I'm sure they're thrilled.

We painted it a cross between a moss green and a lime green. It's going to be cute, and it already makes the furniture pop a bit more. Big improvement!!! And the fabrics will look good with that color. So, it's a win/win. It only took a few hours to paint too. (We're adding crown molding at the top and another 1 inch strip of chair rail, so we didn't have to trim anything but doors and windows.) Mike had to do a lot of it because the fumes got worse as we continued, but it's already done and looks good!

Oh, and now that I've found these cute fabrics, we're going to paint the upstairs hall bath so I can incorporate a shower curtain. We haven't liked the color since we painted it initially. It turned out way too purple, so this was the kick that we needed to finally change this room.

No comments: