Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What are the odds?

As you know, we've been trying to sell the Prelude. We had a call the other day from a couple who live in Winder (that's almost to Athens). They are new to Georgia and had no idea how far they lived from Mableton. Anyway, Mike agreed to meet them around 8pm last night in Gwinett to show them the car. When he left, he said that they were going to think about it on the way home and call us. About 10pm the phone rang...they want the car! Woo Hoo, right? They wanted to meet this morning back in Gwinett and exchange money for the car. Woo Hoo again, right?

Well, Mike just called me. The girl called him while he was on his way to make the exchange. Her boyfriend/fiance (whoever) just got pulled over on the way down from Winder and is on his way to jail. Apparently he had other driving infractions that hadn't been taken care of, so that's why he's going to jail. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO frustrated. The girl says she now wants to meet up tonight to buy the car instead, so Mike turned around. However, I'm afraid that part of the car money is about to be spent on bail and now they'll be short what they owe us and the whole thing just fell apart. And I say that because they told us last night while negotiating the price that they had to borrow the last $800 from parents to even buy the car as it was. So, it's not like these folks have a few extra hundred dollars that they can scrape up for bail money. They're going to have to use the car money and we already caved a tiny bit more than we really wanted to on price to make this deal work. We can't cave any further. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the Prelude may live to see another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwinnett is spelled with 2 N's and 2 T's. =)
I grew up a Gwinnettian so I just had to correct you. ;)

Anonymous said...

I had no clue how to spell it and even thought hard about it before I typed it and still decided that I had no clue. Thanks for telling me though. I'll make a mental note for next time.