Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ultrasound Update

Had an appt yesterday afternoon. Still two girls. I've heard of SO many stories lately where a woman has given birth to a baby of an unexpected sex, so one advantage of having twins is that I get multiple ultrasound appointments. It's nice to know that they're both still girls. I'm quite sure that as many times as they've looked at my babies that there's no mistake. :-)

Also, Baby B is no longer breech. Both babies have their heads down and their feet up by my belly button. The doctor said that Baby B kind of has Baby A pinned into a position, so it's doubtful that Baby A will flip during the remainder of the term, but he said that Baby B could continue to flip for a while until they become bigger and run out of room. Hey, maybe Baby B flipped this past appointment so that they could "look" at each other. Their eyes are still shut, but the doctor said that within the next three days he would expect their eyes to open, so that's kind of cool that they're in positions where they can look and smile at each other.

What else did I learn? Oh, they're both 1lb 6oz. That's almost 3lbs of baby in me!!! These websites I follow lead me to believe that they'd be barely over one pound at this time, but they've exceeded that. Am I eating too much? Who knows? The nurse said that women give birth to 6, 7, 8 and 9 pound babies and these websites have to pick some average weight (say 7lbs) to base their estimates off of which is why they can quite often be wrong...to a degree.

Last update...no signs of preterm labor. My body is still doing well.

No comments: